Subject: reconfigure does not recreate ~/.guix-profile

From: Joshua Branson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 19:43:12 -0400

Hey guix,

;tldr guix system reconfigure does not create a ~/.guix-profile, if
 the file was deleted, nor does it change the symlink if the username
 changed.

This seems like 2 tiny bugs.  I recently installed guix on my Thinkpad
T400.  (Thanks by the way!  Sway works wonderfully!)  When I first
created my user my user line looked like

#+BEGIN_SRC scheme
         (user-account
          (name "Joshua Branson")
          (comment "Joshua Branson")
          (group "users")
          (home-directory "/home/joshua")
          (supplementary-groups
           '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video")))
#+END_SRC scheme

Later I changed the user name to '(name "joshua")' and reconfigured.
Guix was smart enough to create a new profile for me, but
.guix-profile still pointed to user account "Joshua Branson" not
"joshua".

$ cd ~/; ls -lha .guix-profile
.guix-profile -> /var/guix/profiles/per-user/Joshua Branson/guix-profile

So I removed .guix-profile and reconfigured.

$ rm ~/.guix-profile

# sudo guix system reconfigure sway.scm

I thought that guix is declarative, so it will recreate .guix-profile,
but it did not.

Thanks,

Joshua