Subject: bug#37380: gdm doesn't load pam-limits

From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:08:49 -0600

On Wed, 2019-09-11 at 09:12 -0600, Jesse Gibbons wrote:
> I have been trying to set up ardour, but jackd doesn't start in real-
> time mode. I made an os definition that replicates this issue when I
> use a VM[0].
> [0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-09/msg00065.htm
> l
> I asked the gnome and gdm IRC and found out gdm loads the gdm-
> password
> pam config, which seems untouched by pam-limits-service. My
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-password (which should be the default) is attached.
> 
> Thanks!
I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. I tried appending "gdm-
password" to the list of pam configs modified by pam-limits-service[1]
but it doesn't fix anything when I use ./pre-inst-env to build the
vm. gdm-password still does not have a line to load pam_limits.

Whatever the solution, we will probably also want to implement it with
other graphical login services like slim and sddm (and eventually
lightdm and kdm).

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/services/base.sc
m#n1480
-- 
-Jesse