Subject: Re: Getting network-manager-openconnect to work

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 07:34:11 +0200

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:46:56PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Something I don’t get: why does NM itself know about openconnect?
> 
> There’s a network-manager-openconnect plugin, so I would expect
> everything openconnect to happen there.  Do you know why it’s not that
> way?
> 
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

I don’t know.  The patch addresses (if it works) a function called
nm_vpn_openconnect_authenticate_helper within the code for
NetworkManager clients like nmtui, probably also nm-connection-editor,
that calls openconnect --authenticate.

Perhaps the network manager service could symlink the openconnect
binary to the plugins directory when used and NetworkManager could be
made to look there, but it would be nice to know if the current patch
works.

Regards,
Florian