Subject: bug#37354: closed (Re: 27.0.50; Startup: auto-save-list folder created in current directory)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 16:48:01 +0000

Your bug report

#37354: 27.0.50; Startup: auto-save-list folder created in current directory

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37354: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37354
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 27.0.50; Startup: auto-save-list folder created in current directory
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
Cc: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>, Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Bastian Beischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 09:47:19 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 9/11/19 9:37 AM, Sven Joachim wrote:

> Works for me, thanks. :-)

Thanks for checking. Closing the bug report.

Subject: 27.0.50; Startup: auto-save-list folder created in current directory
From: Bastian Beischer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 12:02:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I sometimes see "auto-save-list" folders created in the current
directory when using emacs to edit files. I think auto-save-list should
be under ~/.emacs.d (or ~/.config/emacs).

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the bug at will, so I don't have a
recipe (at least not yet - I will try to obtain one and post it). It is
just that after using emacs for a while I find these folders littered
around my filesystem, in the directories in which I used emacs to edit
files.

I am also not sure whether it is enough to use "emacs -Q" to produce the
bug, but is definitely new behavior that didn't exist a few weeks ago (I
build from the master branch regularly). I believe the bug could be due
to the recent changes to emacs startup (regarding ~/.emacs.d and
~/.config/emacs)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
 of 2019-09-07 built on bastian-desktop
Repository revision: f42509955901bbc81284b5141cf272a1f6c6ad4c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Waiting for git... [2 times]
Loading buff-menu...done
Loading /home/beischer/.emacs.d/elpa/realgud-20190724.2001/realgud/common/custom...done
Loading /home/beischer/.emacs.d/elpa/realgud-20190724.2001/realgud/lang/java...done
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading of snippets successfully.
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
Starting Emacs daemon.
Package cl is deprecated
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0
Error during redisplay: (eval (window-numbering-get-number-string)) signaled (wrong-type-argument hash-table-p nil)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --enable-link-time-optimization --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d
 --without-m17n-flt --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2
 -pipe -fno-plt -flto=jobserver -fuse-linker-plugin -flto=jobserver
 -fuse-linker-plugin -fuse-ld=gold' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  whitespace-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  helm-fuzzier-mode: t
  helm-flx-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/beischer/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
~/.emacs.d/lisp/buff-menu+ hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/various/buff-menu+
~/.emacs.d/lisp/my-term hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/various/my-term
~/.emacs.d/lisp/buff-menu hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/various/buff-menu
~/.emacs.d/lisp/qt-pro hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/various/qt-pro
~/.emacs.d/lisp/buff-menu hides /usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/buff-menu

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail ido-completing-read+ memoize
cus-edit minibuf-eldef pp whitespace cap-words superword subword
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-bbdb company-edbi edbi sql view company-jedi
jedi-core python-environment epc ctable concurrent deferred ccls
ccls-member-hierarchy ccls-inheritance-hierarchy ccls-call-hierarchy
ccls-tree ccls-code-lens ccls-semantic-highlight ccls-common company-lsp
lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek
lsp-ui-sideline flycheck lsp lsp-mode ewoc markdown-mode tree-widget
wid-edit spinner network-stream nsm inline ht em-glob dash-functional
bindat cmake-project helm-fuzzier helm helm-source eieio-compat
helm-multi-match helm-lib helm-flx tempo url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap xml-parse doxymacs tramp-cache projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs dropdown-list yasnippet-snippets yasnippet my-term term
disp-table ehelp f s etags-table etags fileloop xref project cmake-mode
rx qt-pro pastebin window-numbering ams-meeting calc-mouse calc-yank
calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs realgud realgud-zshdb
realgud:zshdb-track-mode realgud:zshdb-core realgud:zshdb-init
realgud-trepan3k realgud:trepan3k-track-mode realgud:trepan3k-core
realgud:trepan3k-init realgud-trepan2 realgud:trepan2-track-mode
realgud:trepan2-core realgud:trepan2-init realgud-trepanpl
realgud:trepanpl-track-mode realgud:trepanpl-core realgud:trepanpl-init
realgud-trepanjs realgud:trepanjs-track-mode realgud:trepanjs-core
realgud:trepanjs-init realgud-lang-js realgud-trepan
realgud:trepan-track-mode realgud:trepan-core realgud:trepan-init
realgud-remake realgud:remake-track-mode realgud:remake-core
realgud:remake-init realgud-rdebug realgud-rdebug-track-mode
realgud-rdebug-core realgud-rdebug-init realgud-lang-ruby realgud-perldb
realgud:perldb-track-mode realgud:perldb-core realgud:perldb-init
realgud-lang-perl realgud-pdb realgud:pdb-track-mode realgud:pdb-core
realgud:pdb-init realgud-lang-python python tramp-sh realgud-kshdb
realgud:kshdb-track-mode realgud:kshdb-core realgud:kshdb-init
realgud-gub realgud:gub-track-mode realgud:gub-core realgud:gub-init
realgud-gdb realgud:gdb-track-mode realgud:gdb-init realgud:gdb-core
realgud-bashdb realgud:bashdb-track-mode realgud:bashdb-core
realgud:bashdb-init realgud-lang-posix-shell realgud:run
realgud-breakpoint-mode realgud-backtrack-mode realgud-track-mode
realgud-backtrace-mode realgud-attach realgud-lang-java realgud-track
realgud-shortkey realgud-menu realgud-eval realgud-cmds realgud-send
realgud-window realgud-utils eshell realgud-init realgud-file
realgud-core realgud-reset realgud-buffer-helper
realgud-buffer-breakpoint realgud-buffer-backtrace
realgud-buffer-command realgud-buffer-info realgud-lochist org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs realgud-bp realgud-bp-image-data realgud-lang
esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util realgud-loc realgud-buffer-source realgud-key key
realgud-follow realgud-fringe realgud-helper loc-changes realgud-regexp
realgud-custom load-relative ivy delsel colir color ivy-overlay company
hide-lines buff-menu+ pcase magit-topgit magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode
transient git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit
easy-mmode message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor cl-extra help-mode async-bytecomp async
server dash cl hideshow flx-ido advice flx ido dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flymake-proc flymake warnings
thingatpt vc-cvs finder-inf edmacro kmacro emacs-x-theme tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec paren grep
compile comint ansi-color ring linum hi-lock cus-start cus-load tex-site
info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 526149 26475)
 (symbols 48 46374 1)
 (strings 32 180957 14467)
 (string-bytes 1 5635033)
 (vectors 16 67739)
 (vector-slots 8 931111 15860)
 (floats 8 406 23)
 (intervals 56 508 0)
 (buffers 992 12))