Subject: defcodeindex not known

From: Catonano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 11:40:49 +0200

trying to parse the manual of the GNU Hello package

I get this

scheme@(guile-user)> (open-input-file
"progetti/hello-2.6.90/doc/hello.texi")
$2 = #<input: progetti/hello-2.6.90/doc/hello.texi 18>
scheme@(guile-user)> (texi->stexi $2)
texinfo.scm:966:36: In procedure loop:
Throw to key `parser-error' with args `(#f "Unknown command" defcodeindex)'.

On Guile 2.2.6 (I built it myself)

$ opt/bin/guile --listen
GNU Guile 2.2.6
Copyright (C) 1995-2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)>

On Ubuntu 18.04 on x86_64