Subject: bug#37352: 27.0.50; recursive-edit aborts on elisp error after evaluation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:18:26 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Like C-M-c?
> Yes, like C-M-c.

Hm; I never considered that `C-M-c' would be a good way to exit the
debugger -- perhaps this should be mentioned in the doc string?

Or perhaps we could bind, say, `Q', to `exit-recursive-edit' in that
mode?

I just had a look at the doc string -- I'm not quite sure what the
second paragraph tries to say, but it seems to be grammatically dubious,
anyway.  Perhaps somebody who knows what this means can fix that
sentence up, anyway?  :-)

---
A line starts with ‘*’ if exiting that frame will call the debugger.
Type b or u to set or remove the ‘*’.

When in debugger due to frame being exited,
use the r command to override the value
being returned from that frame.

Use M-x debug-on-entry and M-x cancel-debug-on-entry to control
which functions will enter the debugger when called.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no