Subject: Re: bug#37352: 27.0.50; recursive-edit aborts on elisp error after evaluation

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 14:57:44 +0200

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> [2019-09-20 23:01]:
> Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Please see the attached picture. I have turned off debug on error
> > before evaluating (jnjn) non-existing function.
> 
> The picture (sent in a separate email) showed a backtrace, so you do
> have debug-on-error switched on -- perhaps via
> eval-expression-debug-on-error?  (It's a separate setting when you do
> M-:, which is rather confusing.)

Exactl that. If I turn off eval-expression-debug-on-error, then there
is no interruption of recursive-edit and I can continue editing.

That is probably better defined bug.

The eval-expression-debug-on-error when T or NIL shall not interrupt
the recursive-edit if there is error in evaluation. The debug window
could be finalized or abandoned, and then the old window shall
continue processing the text edited.

If you think that is not a bug, let me know. Then I can implement it
in my function and avoid the problem.

Jean