Subject: bug#37345: Icecat doesn't display numbers on Guix System

From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:42:22 -0600

On Thu, 2019-10-31 at 10:00 +0100, Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli wrote:
> Hello!
> I confirm that installing font-dejavu also fixed the issue for me.
> Wondering if the problem arises on any system configuration setup or
> if it might be influenced by, for example, the locale; which mine is
> (locale "it_IT.utf8").
> 
> Blisfully,
> Matias
My locale is en_US and I have had general font problems for multiple
applications, including gimp, gourmet, and icecat, so I do not think it is
necessarily related to the locale. I think a lot of it is user-level
configuration. When I use gnome tweaks to change the fonts, I find that some
fonts work as expected, but some do not. In particular, I notice that if I
remove a font, it is not removed from the list of fonts I can select.
Perhaps there's a local database of available fonts that isn't modified when
a font is uninstalled with guix?