Subject: Re: bug#37335: 27.0.50; screen glitches even with double buffering inhibited

From: Matt Huszagh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 12:57:13 -0800

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Did you try any of the above suggustions by Eli?  Did it help the
> issue?
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately the fixes didn't work for me. Additionally, I've recently
changed from a computer using a Nvidia GPU to one using an AMD GPU and
I'm seeing the same issue. I guess it could be an issue with the
xserver? I'd be surprised though, because I have a relatively new
version of X.

That said, I disabled cursors in non-selected windows,

(setq-default cursor-in-non-selected-windows nil)

which makes the issue much less annoying, so I'm not too concerned with
it anymore.