Subject: Re: 27.0.50; segfault when starting from pdump and using dbus

From: Leonard Lausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:12:31 +0000

Content of $HOME/debug-init.el

  (require 'dbus)

Dump

  emacs --batch -Q -l $HOME/debug-init.el -eval '(dump-emacs-portable "/tmp/dmp")

Load

  emacs -Q -l $HOME/debug-init.el --dump-file=/tmp/dmp

Execute

  (require 'dbus)
  (dbus-get-unique-name :system)

Error

  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :system)
    dbus-get-unique-name(:system)
    (progn (dbus-get-unique-name :system))
    eval((progn (dbus-get-unique-name :system)) t)
    elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
    eval-last-sexp(nil)
    funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
    call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
    command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

Note that if you execute

  (require 'dbus)
  (dbus-get-unique-name :system)

in a normal (not loaded from pdump) session, the unique name is
correctly returned.