Subject: bug#37313: closed (bug#37313: [GNU Libtool 2.4.6] testsuite: 123 124 125 126 130 failed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 17:51:01 +0000

Your bug report

#37313: [GNU Libtool 2.4.6] testsuite: 123 124 125 126 130 failed

which was filed against the libtool package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37313: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37313
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#37313: [GNU Libtool 2.4.6] testsuite: 123 124 125 126 130 failed
From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Oppe, Thomas C ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS Contractor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 20:25:27 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Assuming this is similar to the test failures documented for LFS [1], the
five test failures should be resolved after Automake is installed. The
failing testcases have been updated [2] to check for the existence of
aclocal before executing, so expected failure should be listed instead
of a failure.

Closing. If this does not fix your issue, I will reopen.

[1] 
https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/libtool.html
[2] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=3ab1239727fb29ad4a680fa375036a9c265cac72

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354

Subject: [GNU Libtool 2.4.6] testsuite: 123 124 125 126 130 failed
From: "Oppe, Thomas C ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS Contractor" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 12:04:50 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Sir:

I saw 5 test failures during the "make check" phase for libtool-2.4.6 when
compiled with GCC 6.3.0.  The test failures are:

Standalone Libltdl.

123: compiling softlinked libltdl                    FAILED
(standalone.at:35)
124: compiling copied libltdl                        FAILED
(standalone.at:50)
125: installable libltdl                             FAILED
(standalone.at:67)
126: linking libltdl without autotools               FAILED
(standalone.at:85)

Subproject Libltdl.

127: compiling softlinked libltdl                    expected failure
(subproject.at:62)
128: compiling copied libltdl                        expected failure
(subproject.at:78)
129: installable libltdl                             expected failure
(subproject.at:97)
130: linking libltdl without autotools               FAILED
(subproject.at:115)

*****************************
File:  libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.log
*****************************

## ------------------------ ##
## Summary of the failures. ##
## ------------------------ ##
Failed tests:
GNU Libtool 2.4.6 test suite test groups:

 NUM: FILE-NAME:LINE     TEST-GROUP-NAME
      KEYWORDS

 123: standalone.at:31   compiling softlinked libltdl
      libtoolize
 124: standalone.at:46   compiling copied libltdl
      libtoolize
 125: standalone.at:61   installable libltdl
      libtoolize
 126: standalone.at:79   linking libltdl without autotools
      libtoolize
 130: subproject.at:109  linking libltdl without autotools
      libtoolize

## ---------------------- ##
## Detailed failed tests. ##
## ---------------------- ##

#                             -*- compilation -*-
123. standalone.at:31: testing compiling softlinked libltdl ...
./standalone.at:33: $LIBTOOLIZE --ltdl=.

./standalone.at:35: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
stdout:
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
./standalone.at:35: exit code was 2, expected 0
123. standalone.at:31: 123. compiling softlinked libltdl (standalone.at:31):
FAILED (standalone.at:35)

124. standalone.at:46: testing compiling copied libltdl ...
./standalone.at:48: $LIBTOOLIZE --copy --ltdl=.

./standalone.at:50: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
stdout:
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
./standalone.at:50: exit code was 2, expected 0
124. standalone.at:46: 124. compiling copied libltdl (standalone.at:46):
FAILED (standalone.at:50)

125. standalone.at:61: testing installable libltdl ...
./standalone.at:65: $LIBTOOLIZE --copy --ltdl=.

./standalone.at:67: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
stdout:
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
./standalone.at:67: exit code was 2, expected 0
125. standalone.at:61: 125. installable libltdl (standalone.at:61): FAILED
(standalone.at:67)

126. standalone.at:79: testing linking libltdl without autotools ...
./standalone.at:82: $LIBTOOLIZE --copy --ltdl

./standalone.at:85: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
CC="$CC" LIBTOOLFLAGS="$LIBTOOLFLAGS" CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS"
CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="$configure_options"
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make[1]: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
make: *** [Makefile:16: libltdl/libltdlc.la] Error 2

MAKE='make'; test -n "$MAKE" || MAKE=make; \
cd libltdl && $MAKE CC="gcc" LIBTOOLFLAGS="" \
  CPPFLAGS="" CFLAGS="-I/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/include -I/usr/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib64 -L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib" \
          CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--prefix=/nonexistent
lt_cv_to_host_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop
lt_cv_to_tool_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop"
make[1]: Entering directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/126/libltdl'
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/126/libltdl'
./standalone.at:85: exit code was 2, expected 0
126. standalone.at:79: 126. linking libltdl without autotools
(standalone.at:79): FAILED (standalone.at:85)

130. subproject.at:109: testing linking libltdl without autotools ...

./subproject.at:115: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
CC="$CC" LIBTOOLFLAGS="$LIBTOOLFLAGS" CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS" SHELL="$SHELL" MAKE="${MAKE-make}"
CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="$configure_options"
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make[1]: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
make: *** [Makefile:16: sub/ltdl/libltdlc.la] Error 2

MAKE='make'; test -n "$MAKE" || MAKE=make; \
cd sub/ltdl && $MAKE CC="gcc" LIBTOOLFLAGS="" \
  CPPFLAGS="" CFLAGS="-I/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/include -I/usr/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib64 -L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib" \
          CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--prefix=/nonexistent
lt_cv_to_host_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop
lt_cv_to_tool_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop"
make[1]: Entering directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/130/sub/ltdl'
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/130/sub/ltdl'
./subproject.at:115: exit code was 2, expected 0
130. subproject.at:109: 130. linking libltdl without autotools
(subproject.at:109): FAILED (subproject.at:115)

Can I fix these errors some way?

Thank you.

Tom Oppe