Subject: bug#37313: [GNU Libtool 2.4.6] testsuite: 123 124 125 126 130 failed

From: "Oppe, Thomas C ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS Contractor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 12:04:50 +0000

Dear Sir:

I saw 5 test failures during the "make check" phase for libtool-2.4.6 when
compiled with GCC 6.3.0.  The test failures are:

Standalone Libltdl.

123: compiling softlinked libltdl                    FAILED
(standalone.at:35)
124: compiling copied libltdl                        FAILED
(standalone.at:50)
125: installable libltdl                             FAILED
(standalone.at:67)
126: linking libltdl without autotools               FAILED
(standalone.at:85)

Subproject Libltdl.

127: compiling softlinked libltdl                    expected failure
(subproject.at:62)
128: compiling copied libltdl                        expected failure
(subproject.at:78)
129: installable libltdl                             expected failure
(subproject.at:97)
130: linking libltdl without autotools               FAILED
(subproject.at:115)

*****************************
File:  libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.log
*****************************

## ------------------------ ##
## Summary of the failures. ##
## ------------------------ ##
Failed tests:
GNU Libtool 2.4.6 test suite test groups:

 NUM: FILE-NAME:LINE     TEST-GROUP-NAME
      KEYWORDS

 123: standalone.at:31   compiling softlinked libltdl
      libtoolize
 124: standalone.at:46   compiling copied libltdl
      libtoolize
 125: standalone.at:61   installable libltdl
      libtoolize
 126: standalone.at:79   linking libltdl without autotools
      libtoolize
 130: subproject.at:109  linking libltdl without autotools
      libtoolize

## ---------------------- ##
## Detailed failed tests. ##
## ---------------------- ##

#                             -*- compilation -*-
123. standalone.at:31: testing compiling softlinked libltdl ...
./standalone.at:33: $LIBTOOLIZE --ltdl=.

./standalone.at:35: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
stdout:
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
./standalone.at:35: exit code was 2, expected 0
123. standalone.at:31: 123. compiling softlinked libltdl (standalone.at:31):
FAILED (standalone.at:35)

124. standalone.at:46: testing compiling copied libltdl ...
./standalone.at:48: $LIBTOOLIZE --copy --ltdl=.

./standalone.at:50: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
stdout:
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
./standalone.at:50: exit code was 2, expected 0
124. standalone.at:46: 124. compiling copied libltdl (standalone.at:46):
FAILED (standalone.at:50)

125. standalone.at:61: testing installable libltdl ...
./standalone.at:65: $LIBTOOLIZE --copy --ltdl=.

./standalone.at:67: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
stdout:
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
./standalone.at:67: exit code was 2, expected 0
125. standalone.at:61: 125. installable libltdl (standalone.at:61): FAILED
(standalone.at:67)

126. standalone.at:79: testing linking libltdl without autotools ...
./standalone.at:82: $LIBTOOLIZE --copy --ltdl

./standalone.at:85: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
CC="$CC" LIBTOOLFLAGS="$LIBTOOLFLAGS" CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS"
CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="$configure_options"
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make[1]: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
make: *** [Makefile:16: libltdl/libltdlc.la] Error 2

MAKE='make'; test -n "$MAKE" || MAKE=make; \
cd libltdl && $MAKE CC="gcc" LIBTOOLFLAGS="" \
  CPPFLAGS="" CFLAGS="-I/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/include -I/usr/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib64 -L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib" \
          CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--prefix=/nonexistent
lt_cv_to_host_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop
lt_cv_to_tool_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop"
make[1]: Entering directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/126/libltdl'
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/126/libltdl'
./standalone.at:85: exit code was 2, expected 0
126. standalone.at:79: 126. linking libltdl without autotools
(standalone.at:79): FAILED (standalone.at:85)

130. subproject.at:109: testing linking libltdl without autotools ...

./subproject.at:115: $as_unset LIBTOOL; $as_unset LIBTOOLIZE; $MAKE $target
CC="$CC" LIBTOOLFLAGS="$LIBTOOLFLAGS" CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS" SHELL="$SHELL" MAKE="${MAKE-make}"
CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="$configure_options"
stderr:
/bin/bash: no: command not found
make[1]: *** [Makefile:539: aclocal.m4] Error 127
make: *** [Makefile:16: sub/ltdl/libltdlc.la] Error 2

MAKE='make'; test -n "$MAKE" || MAKE=make; \
cd sub/ltdl && $MAKE CC="gcc" LIBTOOLFLAGS="" \
  CPPFLAGS="" CFLAGS="-I/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/include -I/usr/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib64 -L/p/home/oppe/gcc/9.2.0/lib" \
          CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--prefix=/nonexistent
lt_cv_to_host_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop
lt_cv_to_tool_file_cmd=func_convert_file_noop"
make[1]: Entering directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/130/sub/ltdl'
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && no -I m4
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/p/work1/oppe/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/130/sub/ltdl'
./subproject.at:115: exit code was 2, expected 0
130. subproject.at:109: 130. linking libltdl without autotools
(subproject.at:109): FAILED (subproject.at:115)

Can I fix these errors some way?

Thank you.

Tom Oppe