Subject: Re: bug#37309: ‘ssh-daemon’ service fails to start at boot

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 16:56:40 -0500

Leo Famulari writes:

> On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 02:08:34AM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
>> Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> skriver:
>> > I'm assuming others must be experiencing this still too... right?
>> 
>> FWIW I have never encountered this.  :-/
>
> I reenabled IPv6 listening for sshd after updating to 1.2.0 and things
> are working for now. The problem has always been intermittent for me in
> the past.
>
> Chris, are you using an old Thinkpad too?

I did experience it on an old thinkpad, though in this case it's
happening on the Linode server I'm running.  Not particularly old, but
probably shared by many users and thus slower in some way.

That's part of what makes me think this is some kind of race
condition...