Subject: bug#37309: [PATCH] services: openssh: Restrict to IPv4.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 08:41:35 -0500

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 10:53:11PM +0100, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> Le 3 décembre 2019 21:12:51 GMT+01:00, Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> >+@item @code{address-family} (default: @code{'inet})
> >+This is a symbol specifying which type of internet addresses should be
> >+handled by @command{sshd}.  The options are @code{inet} (IPv4),
> >+@code{inet6} (IPv6), or @code{any}, which selects both @code{inet} and
> >+@code{inet6}.  The upstream default in @code{any}.  However, we
> default *is*

Thanks!

This patch did make sshd work for me again.

However, as part of trying to debug this issue, I changed my system
configuration so that it uses dhcp-client-service and
wpa-supplicant-service instead of using Wicd. And now I can't reproduce
the bug anymore.

I guess that either 1) wpa_supplicant brings the network interfaces up
faster or 2) the state of the network interfaces is more accurately
captured with these services (in the sense of, is the network up?).

Tricky...

Does the patch help anybody else?