Subject: bug#37309: ‘ssh-daemon’ service fails to start at boot

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 19:34:52 +0100

Hey 宋文武, Giovanni,

[email-masked] (宋文武) writes:

> [...]
> Yes, I think when 'ssh-daemon' failed to start, shepherd should respawn
> it until success or disable it, but by look at the code of
> 'make-forkexec-constructor', when using 'pid-file' (as 'ssh-ademon'
> does), and a timeout (default to 5s %pid-file-timeout) is reached, the
> processes got a 'SIGTERM' and return '#f' as its running state, which
> won't be respawn (it's not a pid number) I guess...
>
> To ludo: Is my analysis correct?  It's not clear to me how to fix it so
> 'ssh-daemon' can be respawn though...

I think I am also running into a similar issue on my spinning rust based
T400. Is there a workaround available that does the above, or is that
analysis of the situation not correct either?

Thanks,

Jelle