Subject: bug#37306: 27.0.50; Type Mismatch When Customizing network-security-protocol-checks

From: "T.V Raman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 19:39:01 -0700 (PDT)

Subject line pretty much says it all
M-x Customize-variable RET network-security-protocol-checks RET
shows a type mismatch error in the *customize* buffer, and
consequently does not produce the customization UI as intended 
In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2019-09-01 built on raman-glaptop
Repository revision: e715680aee8b461aba18fe2f667fc5592c99a29a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
 Quit
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Creating customization setup...done
 Search failed: "Network Security Protocol Checks"
C-M-g is undefined
 Quit
Mark set [2 times]
marked S expression containing 32 characters
region containing 1 lines copied to kill ring 

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-silent-rules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-mailutils --with-modules --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  auto-correct-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  lispy-mode: t
  company-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  disable-mouse-global-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-voice-lock-mode: t
  voice-lock-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  auto-fill-function: yas--auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/sudoku hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/sudoku
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/vm/lisp/tapestry hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tapestry
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/lispy-20190827.1516/elpa hides /home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/ivy-20190825.1023/elpa
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/auth-source-pass-20190813.1026/auth-source-pass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/auth-source-pass
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tetris hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/play/tetris
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-stan hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-lint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-lua hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-eww hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-eww
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-shell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-J hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-abc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-forth hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-ebnf hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-sed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-duration hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-groovy hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-hledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-vala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-processing hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-coq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190904/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/faceup-20170925.1946/faceup hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mailalias emacspeak-net-utils net-utils flow-fill
amixer eieio-opt emacspeak-speedbar speedbar ...)

Memory information:
((conses 16 5861989 1378613)
 (symbols 48 97773 57)
 (strings 32 464513 178241)
 (string-bytes 1 17579399)
 (vectors 16 206161)
 (vector-slots 8 4124637 563994)
 (floats 8 2618 1601)
 (intervals 56 879191 14870)
 (buffers 992 99))

-- 

--