Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] Allow booting from a Btrfs subvolume

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 18:37:04 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'll test those rebased patches as well.  The automated system tests no
> longer pass -- although it might not be specific to this change (I'll
> try running the "installed-os" test to see if all the install tests are
> broken or just this new "btrfs-root-on-subvolume-os" one.).  In case you
> are not familiar with system tests, a single system test can be run
> with:
>
> make check-system TESTS="btrfs-root-on-subvolume-os"

OK.  Do you want me to try something here?

> The install tests are defined under (gnu tests install) and are *very*
> expensive to run (mostly in time, but they require some disk space as
> well).  Hence the hack in 0001, but I'm not sure if it brings as much
> benefits as when I made it (given Ludovic keeps improving the way Guix
> gets built :-)).
>
> A fresh benchmark could be interesting if you have lots of time on your
> hands.

Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to do that :)

Cheers!

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/