Subject: bug#37296: \left breaks syntax highlighting

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 13:51:21 +0200

Hi Hendrik,

Hendrik Rommeswinkel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Using \left(\right) without a space before \left( breaks the syntax
> highlighting. The remainder of the document is shown in yellow but
> sometimes editing b e l o w the \left(\right) will make syntax
> highlighting work again.

I can't reproduce what you're describing.  It looks like this for me:

> A second issue with \left(\right) is that typing "\left(" produces
> "\left(()\right)" instead of "\left(\right)".

Can't reproduce that either.  Typing "\left(" completes to
"\left(\right)" for me.

Can you please start Emacs with

    emacs -Q &

and in scratch buffer, eval these lines:

    (require 'package)
    (package-initialize)

open your .tex file and see if happens again?

Best, Arash