Subject: \left breaks syntax highlighting

From: Hendrik Rommeswinkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 12:50:44 +0200

Using \left(\right) without a space before \left( breaks the syntax
highlighting. The remainder of the document is shown in yellow but
sometimes editing b e l o w the \left(\right) will make syntax
highlighting work again. A second issue with \left(\right) is that
typing "\left(" produces "\left(()\right)" instead of "\left(\right)".

Many thanks for your efforts on auctex!

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2019-04-13
Package: 12.1.2

current state:
==============
(setq
  AUCTeX-date "2019-02-08"
  window-system 'w32
  LaTeX-version "2e"
  TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"
"c:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/style" 
"c:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" 
"c:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
  TeX-auto-save t
  TeX-parse-self t
  TeX-master t
  TeX-command-list '(("LatexMk" "latexmk %(-PDF)%S%(mode) 
%(file-line-error) %(extraopts) %t"
                      TeX-run-latexmk nil (plain-tex-mode latex-mode 
doctex-mode) :help
                      "Run LatexMk")
                     ("TeX"
                      "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts) 
%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode 
texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run plain TeX")
                     ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil 
(latex-mode doctex-mode)
                      :help "Run LaTeX")
                     ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" 
TeX-run-compile nil
                      (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                     ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t" 
TeX-run-compile nil
                      (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                     ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) 
%S%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX
                      nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                     ("ConTeXt" "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil 
%(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt 
once")
                     ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) 
%(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX nil
                      (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                     ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help 
"Run BibTeX")
                     ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run 
Biber")
                     ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help 
"Run Viewer")
                     ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the 
file")
                     ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help "View 
the printer queue"
                      :visible TeX-queue-command)
                     ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help
                      "Generate PostScript file")
                     ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t 
:help
                      "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                     ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil t :help
                      "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                     ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil t :help
                      "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                     ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %s" TeX-run-command 
nil t :help
                      "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
                     ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil t :help
                      "Run makeindex to create index file")
                     ("upMendex" "upmendex %s" TeX-run-index t t :help
                      "Run upmendex to create index file")
                     ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                      "Run xindy to create index file")
                     ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil 
(latex-mode) :help
                      "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                     ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil 
(latex-mode) :help
                      "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                     ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" 
TeX-run-function nil t :help
                      "Spell-check the document")
                     ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                      "Delete generated intermediate files")
                     ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t 
:help
                      "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                     ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an 
arbitrary command"))
  )