Subject: Re: [bug#37285] [PATCH] doc: Rename translated manuals to drop the dot.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 22:52:04 +0200

Hello,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hi, the attached patch changes the translated manual name, from e.g.
> guix.fr to guix-fr. The reason is that some info readers and generators
> drop everything after the first dot to get the name of the manual. This
> leads some readers to thing that "info guix" should open "guix.es.info"
> instead of "guix.info", and the inter-lingua links on the website
> version of the manual to be wrong.
>
> I think I replaced every instance of the filename in this patch, but I
> might have forgotten some, so if you see anything I missed, please tell
> me :)

This is a followup to <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/36782>, right?
WDYT of my reply there?

Neither the standalone Info reader (which comes with Texinfo) nor Emacs
have problems with the dot.  Are you aware of another reader that has
troubles with that?  ‘pinfo’ maybe?

Links in HTML files are broken, but there’s a fix proposed upstream.

Thanks,
Ludo’.