Subject: bug#37267: 27.0.50; Menus "About GNU" and "GNU and Freedom" to be made offline

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:57:32 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I originally put those articles into GNU Emacs because GNU Emacs
was the only thing that the GNU Project distributed.  Over the years,
more general articles about GNU were added.

Then, in the 2000s, we figured that we may as well refer to these
articles on www.gnu.org.

In principle, we can use either method or both at once.
It's not an ethical question, just a practical one.

But now that we see there are potentially many people
who would benefit from included copies -- and that this would
substantially spread awareness of GNU -- I think we should
include them.  It takes very little maintenance work.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)