Subject: bug#37245: closed (Re: bug#37245: 27.0.50; .emacs.d/init.el not loading for me)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 21:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#37245: 27.0.50; .emacs.d/init.el not loading for me

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37245: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37245
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37245: 27.0.50; .emacs.d/init.el not loading for me
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Erik Hetzner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 14:29:07 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug should be fixed by 2019-08-31T21:47:[email-masked][1], 
which was installed into GNU Emacs master on savannah about five hours 
after your bug report. So I'm boldly closing the bug report; please let 
us know if I'm wrong and the bug is still present for you.

[1] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=2befb4f0a1494f699f56215d5f28ba055663d881

Subject: 27.0.50; .emacs.d/init.el not loading for me
From: Erik Hetzner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 09:33:49 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

My latest install of emacs stopped loading init.el from ~/.emacs.d
I have created a minimal reproduction which follows:

I am using emacs snapshot PPA for ubuntu from
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+archive/ubuntu/ppa on Ubuntu 18.04

$ ls ~/.config/emacs/
ls: cannot access '/home/egh/.config/emacs/': No such file or directory

$ cat ~/.emacs.d/init.el 
(error "hello world")

$ emacs --no-site-file --no-site-lisp

No error is triggered, and the ~/.config/emacs dir is created.

$ ls ~/.config/emacs/
auto-save-list

Please let me know how else I can help with this.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2019-08-30 built on lcy01-amd64-006
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=-snapshot --with-modules=yes --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets=yes 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-snapshot-f2DDkN/emacs-snapshot-98518=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 48446 7258)
 (symbols 48 6074 1)
 (strings 32 15664 2316)
 (string-bytes 1 501171)
 (vectors 16 7212)
 (vector-slots 8 76781 7596)
 (floats 8 23 427)
 (intervals 56 232 0)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.