Subject: bug#37244: Icecat Audio Issues

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 18:54:52 +0200

Ison,

Thanks so much for your answer!

ison 写道：
> When I play it the audio is very low pitch and crackly. However, 
> if
> I open about:config (just enter about:config into the address 
> bar),
> search for "mediasource", and then double click
> "media.mediasource.enabled" so it shows false, then reload the 
> video
> and it plays perfectly without any distortion.
>
> As I mentioned though, most sites seem to not like it when
> mediasource is disabled, so it's not a perfect solution, but at
> least it shows where the problem lies.

Indeed: my sole use case for Web video seems to insist on whatever 
this feature is.  I can't link to it here for freedom & legal 
reasons, but let's say their content is *majorly* ball-based.

With .mediasource disabled, I get an error:

  “Your browser does not support the playback of this video. 
  Please try using a different browser.”

I'd really rather not.

I remember getting this same error in Epiphany when I tried to 
play it there.  At least now I have a lead…

Thanks again,

T G-R