Subject: bug#37221: 27.0.50; gnus fails to open connection post-NSM update

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 16:16:31 +0200

Alex Branham <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not at all familiar with this part of Emacs, but could it be the
> case that the NSM is somehow killing the nnimap process before it has a
> chance to do anything, including logging?

No, the NSM just pups up a warning (and will then kill the connection if
you tell it to).

There were other changes in the patch set that could possibly affect
something, though.

>> Does your setup work if you revert Emacs back to before the NSM changes?
>> And what is the contents of your *imap log* buffer?
>
> Yes, it does. After reverting to Emacs built August 18th, here's the
> *imap log* buffer:

But what does the *imap log* buffer look like in the current trunk?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no