Subject: Re: bug#37207: guix.gnu.org returns Last-Modified = Epoch

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 14:47:34 +0200

Hi,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> So I think removing the Last-Modified header from the responses will fix
> the issue with the Repology fetcher (as it will stop thinking it's
> already fetch the file, since it was last modified in 1970), instead it
> will just always process the file.
>
> Removing the Last-Modified header, and maybe the ETag as well from
> responses should avoid the issue with web browsers using a cached
> version of the page when they probably shouldn't.

It would prevent client-side caching altogether.  So perhaps we can do
that as a stopgap (and it has the advantage of requiring only a tiny
config change).

Eventually, it’d be nice to have something better, like one of the Etag
patches discussed upthread.

Thanks,
Ludo’.