Subject: bug#37202: shadowfile-tests: two failures on macOS

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 13:09:58 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Glenn,

>> This tells us, that we must not only use the truename of
>> shadow-test-remote-temporary-file-directory, but also of
>> temporary-file-directory. I've pushed a fix to master, let's see how it runs.
>
> This change makes it fail every time on hydra.nixos.org :)
> https://hydra.nixos.org/build/101137999

Analysing the backtrace, it doesn't look like "this change" is
responsible. It seems rather that this is the first sign that Paul's
recent changes have damaged Tramp. I mean, that file-attributes returns
an error now instead of nil, if a file is not accessible.

My analysis could be wrong, but the question still stands: why do we
need this change in file-attributes and friends?

(And I propose to start with a new bug. It is not related to
shadowfile-tests at all).

Best regards, Michael.