Subject: bug#37202: closed (Re: bug#37202: shadowfile-tests: two failures on macOS)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 13:15:01 +0000

Your bug report

#37202: shadowfile-tests: two failures on macOS

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37202: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37202
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37202: shadowfile-tests: two failures on macOS
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 15:13:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.1

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Stefan,

> That seems to have done the trick; I see no more failures.  I'll send
> you the test log privately, but I think the relevant line is this one:
>
> Ran 10 tests, 10 results as expected, 0 unexpected (2019-09-15
> 22:02:48+0200, 8.197759 sec)

Thanks for your patient tests! I've disabled the traces in
shadowfile-tests.el. Closing the bug.

> Congratulations!  And thanks for investigating and fixing it.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: shadowfile-tests: two failures on macOS
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 02:41:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm seeing two test failures in shadowfile-tests on macOS on current master.

Running 10 tests (2019-08-28 02:27:08+0200, selector `(not (or (tag
:expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))')
   passed   1/10  shadow-test00-clusters (4.016950 sec)
   passed   2/10  shadow-test01-sites (0.001616 sec)
   passed   3/10  shadow-test02-files (0.002011 sec)
   passed   4/10  shadow-test03-expand-cluster-in-file-name (0.016575 sec)
   passed   5/10  shadow-test04-contract-file-name (0.105286 sec)
   passed   6/10  shadow-test05-file-match (0.001446 sec)
   passed   7/10  shadow-test06-literal-groups (0.005732 sec)
   passed   8/10  shadow-test07-regexp-groups (0.001333 sec)
Test shadow-test08-shadow-todo backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (member (cons file (shadow-contract
  ert-fail(((should (member (cons file (shadow-contract-file-name (con
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1ffc602329d1>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name shadow-test08-shadow-todo :documentat
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ...)) :te
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/shadowfile-tests" "-
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test shadow-test08-shadow-todo condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (member
    (cons file ...)
    shadow-files-to-copy))
      :form
      (member
       ("/var/folders/pj/rhx0gxy15tv3vx6l3mdy0qvm0000gn/T/shadowfile-tests6rxEJv"
. "/cluster2:/var/folders/pj/rhx0gxy15tv3vx6l3mdy0qvm0000gn/T/shadowfile-tests6rxEJv")
       nil)
      :value nil))
   FAILED   9/10  shadow-test08-shadow-todo (0.231305 sec)

Test shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (looking-at (regexp-quote "(setq sh
  ert-fail(((should (looking-at (regexp-quote "(setq shadow-files-to-c
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1ffc60232b79>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files :docu
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ...)) :te
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/shadowfile-tests" "-
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (looking-at
    (regexp-quote "(setq shadow-files-to-copy nil)")))
      :form
      (looking-at "(setq shadow-files-to-copy nil)")
      :value nil))
   FAILED  10/10  shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files (0.756282 sec)

Ran 10 tests, 8 results as expected, 2 unexpected (2019-08-28
02:27:13+0200, 5.665292 sec)

2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  shadow-test08-shadow-todo
   FAILED  shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, NS
appkit-1504.83 Version 10.12.6 (Build 16G2128))
 of 2019-08-28 built on Stefans-MBP
Repository revision: 4118297ae2fab4886b20d193ba511a229637aea3
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.12.6

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS THREADS
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_SE@calendar=iso8601.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix