Subject: bug#37202: shadowfile-tests: two failures on macOS

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 22:23:34 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> That's the first difference to my traces. Locally, I have here
>
> shadow-add-to-todo: ((/tmp/shadowfile-tests0mPIFq . /cluster2:/tmp/shadowfile-tests0mPIFq)) nil
>
> So you have a nil value of `shadows' in that trace. Looking at the code,
> I see that `file-truename' is used to compute `shadows'. That rings a
> bell - `temporary-file-directory' on macOS is located on a symlink. I
> ran into this trap earlier already.
>
> I hope, that my fix, pushed to master, fixes this now.

I'm still seing failures on current master on these tests, including
the line you noted above:

shadow-add-to-todo: nil nil

I've attached the complete log of the latest run (commit 034f9363e).

Thanks again,
Stefan Kangas