Subject: bug#37202: shadowfile-tests: two failures on macOS

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 02:41:04 +0200

I'm seeing two test failures in shadowfile-tests on macOS on current master.

Running 10 tests (2019-08-28 02:27:08+0200, selector `(not (or (tag
:expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))')
   passed   1/10  shadow-test00-clusters (4.016950 sec)
   passed   2/10  shadow-test01-sites (0.001616 sec)
   passed   3/10  shadow-test02-files (0.002011 sec)
   passed   4/10  shadow-test03-expand-cluster-in-file-name (0.016575 sec)
   passed   5/10  shadow-test04-contract-file-name (0.105286 sec)
   passed   6/10  shadow-test05-file-match (0.001446 sec)
   passed   7/10  shadow-test06-literal-groups (0.005732 sec)
   passed   8/10  shadow-test07-regexp-groups (0.001333 sec)
Test shadow-test08-shadow-todo backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (member (cons file (shadow-contract
  ert-fail(((should (member (cons file (shadow-contract-file-name (con
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1ffc602329d1>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name shadow-test08-shadow-todo :documentat
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ...)) :te
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/shadowfile-tests" "-
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test shadow-test08-shadow-todo condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (member
    (cons file ...)
    shadow-files-to-copy))
      :form
      (member
       ("/var/folders/pj/rhx0gxy15tv3vx6l3mdy0qvm0000gn/T/shadowfile-tests6rxEJv"
. "/cluster2:/var/folders/pj/rhx0gxy15tv3vx6l3mdy0qvm0000gn/T/shadowfile-tests6rxEJv")
       nil)
      :value nil))
   FAILED   9/10  shadow-test08-shadow-todo (0.231305 sec)

Test shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (looking-at (regexp-quote "(setq sh
  ert-fail(((should (looking-at (regexp-quote "(setq shadow-files-to-c
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1ffc60232b79>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files :docu
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ...)) :te
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/shadowfile-tests" "-
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (looking-at
    (regexp-quote "(setq shadow-files-to-copy nil)")))
      :form
      (looking-at "(setq shadow-files-to-copy nil)")
      :value nil))
   FAILED  10/10  shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files (0.756282 sec)

Ran 10 tests, 8 results as expected, 2 unexpected (2019-08-28
02:27:13+0200, 5.665292 sec)

2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  shadow-test08-shadow-todo
   FAILED  shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, NS
appkit-1504.83 Version 10.12.6 (Build 16G2128))
 of 2019-08-28 built on Stefans-MBP
Repository revision: 4118297ae2fab4886b20d193ba511a229637aea3
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.12.6

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS THREADS
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_SE@calendar=iso8601.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix