Subject: Re: bug#37193: 27.0.50; TAB in article mode gets trapped in the header section

From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 01:08:52 +0100

On Thu, Sep 26 2019, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 15:13:11 +0100, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
>> The only thing is that, after landing on the first link of
>> the message (first time one presses tab), a message like this
>> one appears in the echo area:
>
> That's a normal behavior, i.e., to show the url and/or the title
> of a link under the point, but I felt it is annoying, too,

No, i actually like to see the URL/title, but what i'm seeing is (only
for the first link) something that doesn't look like a URL at all, but a
debug trace... since it contains bytecode, maybe gnus filtered it out,
here it is again:

   #[771 <byte-code-removed> [w3m-track-mouse deactivate-mark nil message w3m-url-readable-string get-text-property w3m-balloon-help window-buffer] 9
    (fn WINDOW OBJECT POS)]

something like the above is what is shown in the echo area when i first
press TAB in a message, instead of the normal URL. it's as if `message'
where being passed a format with %S instead of %s, but i haven't had
the time to look at your changes to tell for sure...

> especially if it enlarges the echo area.  So, I tried making it
> truncated so to fit to the echo area.  Can you tolerate the latest
> emacs-w3m git master?

Independently of the glitch above, that's a very good addition, thanks.

jao
--
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could
do only a little. -Edmund Burke, statesman and writer (1729-1797)