Subject: Re: bug#37193: 27.0.50; TAB in article mode gets trapped in the header section

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 12:20:53 +0900

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:20:41 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>   w3m-imitate-widget-button is a variable defined in w3m.el.
> Heh.  Perhaps w3m could be amended to imitate the button.el buttons,
> too?  I've Cc'd Katsumi.

First of all, it's not an Emacs bug, so I'm closing this before
getting started to work on emacs-w3m (and I'll report it here in
short when I'm able to make emacs-w3m something better).

Currently `w3m-imitate-widget-button' will work only in the body
area that emacs-w3m renders.  There tab and backtab keys are
bound to `w3m-next-anchor' and `w3m-previous-anchor' that behave
like `forward-button' and `backward-button' if evaluating the
value of `w3m-imitate-widget-button' returns non-nil.

;; I didn't know the problem since I usually use shr in almost
;; groups; I'm using `mm-text-html-renderer' as a group parameter
;; to set it to w3m in only a few groups. ;-)

Thanks.
Regards,