Subject: bug#37193: closed (Re: bug#37193: 27.0.50; TAB in article mode gets trapped in the header section)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 03:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37193: 27.0.50; TAB in article mode gets trapped in the header section

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37193: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37193
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37193: 27.0.50; TAB in article mode gets trapped in the header section
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 12:20:53 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:20:41 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>   w3m-imitate-widget-button is a variable defined in w3m.el.
> Heh.  Perhaps w3m could be amended to imitate the button.el buttons,
> too?  I've Cc'd Katsumi.

First of all, it's not an Emacs bug, so I'm closing this before
getting started to work on emacs-w3m (and I'll report it here in
short when I'm able to make emacs-w3m something better).

Currently `w3m-imitate-widget-button' will work only in the body
area that emacs-w3m renders.  There tab and backtab keys are
bound to `w3m-next-anchor' and `w3m-previous-anchor' that behave
like `forward-button' and `backward-button' if evaluating the
value of `w3m-imitate-widget-button' returns non-nil.

;; I didn't know the problem since I usually use shr in almost
;; groups; I'm using `mm-text-html-renderer' as a group parameter
;; to set it to w3m in only a few groups. ;-)

Thanks.
Regards,

Subject: 27.0.50; TAB in article mode gets trapped in the header section
From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 18:54:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Since a while ago, when pressing TAB in an article buffer to cycle
through URLs in a message, point goes immediately to the first header
shown and repeating TAB cycles only through headers, never touching the
body.

   - Start Gnus
   - Mark in the summary of a group an HTML message (happens for both
     single and multi part messages)
   - Press h to go the the message. Point is right below the headers
   - Press TAB repeatedly: point cycles through the headers and never
     goes to the body

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2019-08-22 built on imladris
Repository revision: d9b83465c7c392d36bcbe44ccc6b66e3bec22b2d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
Saving /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld
Saving /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld...done
Checking new news...
nnimap read 0k from localhost
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
nnimap read 0k from localhost [2 times]
Auto-saving...done

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --prefix=/usr/local/stow/emacs27'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  gnus-agent-summary-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  circe-lagmon-mode: t
  tracking-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  intero-global-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jao/lib/elisp/jao/bmk/dot-emacs hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.27/tuareg-20190805.958/dot-emacs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug rect pcmpl-unix dictionary link connection iso-transl
haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions
haskell-load haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules
haskell-sandbox haskell-navigate-imports haskell-repl haskell-svg
haskell-collapse haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-compile haskell-hoogle haskell-process
haskell-session jao-cabal haskell-mode haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-compat haskell-complete-module
haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc flymake haskell-customize cal-iso
w3m-namazu w3m-lnum tabify misearch multi-isearch pdf-sync pdf-annot
pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history em-unix em-term em-script em-prompt
em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs esh-var em-cmpl em-basic em-banner
em-alias esh-mode eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util haskell-cabal haskell-utils cl-print
debug autoload view quail bbdb-pgp bbdb-message mailalias dabbrev
gnus-cus mastodon-toot thai-util thai-word w3m-cookie w3m-filter
w3m-search w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session mastodon-media url-cache
mastodon-client mastodon-auth mastodon-http mastodon-tl w3m-form
w3m-symbol mm-archive nnfolder gnus-cite mail-extr qp gnus-async
gnus-bcklg mule-util gnus-ml copyright gnus-topic nnml nnmaildir utf-7
bbdb-gnus gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache gnus-msg nndraft nnmh gnus-demon nntp
mbsync cursor-sensor emojify tar-mode network-stream slack slack-company
slack-oauth2 oauth2 plstore slack-unread slack-websocket
slack-thread-event slack-room-event slack-star-event
slack-reaction-event slack-reply-event slack-message-event slack-typing
slack-authorize slack-dialog-edit-element-buffer slack-dialog-buffer
slack-dialog slack-stars-buffer slack-search-result-buffer
slack-thread-message-compose-buffer slack-file-info-buffer
slack-file-list-buffer slack-all-threads-buffer slack-message-buffer
slack-modeline slack-mrkdwn slack-user-profile-buffer
slack-pinned-items-buffer slack-pinned-item slack-thread-message-buffer
slack-room-buffer slack-message-share-buffer slack-message-edit-buffer
slack-room-message-compose-buffer slack-message-compose-buffer
slack-action slack-slash-commands slack-event slack-star slack-reminder
slack-search slack-bot-message slack-user-message slack-message-reaction
slack-message-editor slack-message-sender slack-message-notification
slack-message-formatter slack-attachment slack-selectable slack-thread
slack-usergroup slack-file slack-im slack-channel slack-group
slack-conversations slack-buffer slack-room slack-counts slack-message
slack-block slack-reaction slack-user slack-bot slack-dnd-status
slack-emoji slack-image slack-request slack-log request slack-team
slack-team-ws slack-util websocket bindat spaceline-config
spaceline-segments spaceline powerline powerline-separators
powerline-themes windmove winner jao-patches bml-logs bml bml-misc
bml-whizzml bml-clojure bml-clj-tests bml-python bml-skels bml-utils
whizzml-skeletons whizzml-mode jao-proton-utils enwc enwc-backend
jao-emms-info-track jao-emms jao-osd jao-emms-lyrics
jao-emms-random-album emms-info-metaflac emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat mastodon
circe-color-nicks circe-notifications circe-lagmon circe lui-irc-colors
irc make-tls-process tls lcs lui-format lui tracking shorten flyspell
ispell circe-compat jenkins gist gh-gist gh-oauth gh-api logito gh-cache
pcache gh-auth gh-url gh-profile eieio-base github-review forge-list
forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs gogs
forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github ghub-graphql treepy
gsexp ghub forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue
forge-topic bug-reference forge-post forge-repo forge forge-core
forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite emacsql emacsql-compiler url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils log-edit
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async server
git-timemachine transient diff-hl vc-dir ewoc sawfish
display-fill-column-indicator paredit scheme inf-lisp json-mode
json-reformat json-snatcher js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs merlin-company
merlin-cap merlin utop utop-minor-mode tuareg caml-help caml-types
caml-emacs find-file erlang tempo virtualenvwrapper gud intero warnings
flycheck cider-macroexpansion cider-mode cider-completion cider-profile
cider-eval cider-repl cider-resolve cider-eldoc cider-test
cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec org-table cider-clojuredocs
cider-popup cider-overlays cider-client cider-common cider-util
cider-connection sesman-browser nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp queue nrepl-dict
cider-compat spinner parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex a sesman vc
vc-dispatcher clojure-mode lisp-mnt align racket-mode racket-bug-report
racket-collection racket-stepper racket-logger racket-profile
racket-imenu racket-edit hideshow racket-complete racket-repl
racket-common racket-indent racket-font-lock racket-util racket-ppss
racket-keywords-and-builtins racket-custom sh-script smie executable
geiser sly sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common apropos
arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec edit-list esh-toggle bash-completion
eshell-up git-ps1-mode w3m w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util pdf-view-restore pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools
pdf-view bookmark pp pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util jao-doc-view term
disp-table ehelp bbdb-anniv bbdb-mua bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site timezone
jao-frm randomsig gnutls mu4e-icalendar org-mu4e mu4e-query-fragments
mu4e-overview mu4e-maildirs-extension mu4e-conversation mu4e-alert ht
mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-vars mu4e-meta counsel-notmuch notmuch
hl-line notmuch-hello notmuch-tree notmuch-show notmuch-print
notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query goto-addr notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib
notmuch-compat smtpmail sendmail edit-server gh-md eww mm-url url-queue
markdown-mode jao-org-links jao-devon jao-applescript jao-org-utils
org-protocol ob-shell shell ob-scheme ob-python ob-org ob-ocaml
ob-makefile ob-haskell ob-gnuplot ob-clojure ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox gnus-icalendar org-capture gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig icalendar org-agenda time cus-edit cus-start
cus-load paren helpful imenu trace edebug backtrace info-look f
dash-functional help-fns radix-tree elisp-refs s loop dash
jao-light-theme jao-themes cl dired-x autorevert filenotify
persistent-scratch epa-file cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company pcase alert log4e
notifications gntp jao-recoll ivy-rich wgrep-ag wgrep grep
counsel-spotify dbus counsel xdg xref project compile swiper ivy flx
delsel colir color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt edmacro kmacro
texinfo-skel lisp-skel muse-skel haskell-skel jao-dominating-file
scsh-skel init-skel common-skel skeleton autoinsert savehist recentf
tree-widget saveplace jao-elpa package-x diminish
gnu-elpa-keyring-update use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core finder-inf tex-site gh-common marshal eieio-compat rx
info package url-handlers conf-mode cl-extra help-mode vc-git diff-mode
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir gnus-sum url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
json map url-vars mailcap shr svg xml dom browse-url gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org-element cl-seq avl-tree generator org advice org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
time-date subr-x noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs ob-tangle org-src ob-comint
comint ansi-color ring ob-keys ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 7796331 577246)
 (symbols 48 97082 4)
 (strings 32 915989 274225)
 (string-bytes 1 61947594)
 (vectors 16 378260)
 (vector-slots 8 9992698 247846)
 (floats 8 13100 4158)
 (intervals 56 380416 15210)
 (buffers 992 475))

-- 
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.
 -Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)