Subject: bug#37193: 27.0.50; TAB in article mode gets trapped in the header section

From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 18:54:38 +0100

Hi,

Since a while ago, when pressing TAB in an article buffer to cycle
through URLs in a message, point goes immediately to the first header
shown and repeating TAB cycles only through headers, never touching the
body.

   - Start Gnus
   - Mark in the summary of a group an HTML message (happens for both
     single and multi part messages)
   - Press h to go the the message. Point is right below the headers
   - Press TAB repeatedly: point cycles through the headers and never
     goes to the body

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2019-08-22 built on imladris
Repository revision: d9b83465c7c392d36bcbe44ccc6b66e3bec22b2d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
Saving /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld
Saving /home/jao/.emacs.d/gnus/newsrc.eld...done
Checking new news...
nnimap read 0k from localhost
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
nnimap read 0k from localhost [2 times]
Auto-saving...done

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --prefix=/usr/local/stow/emacs27'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  gnus-agent-summary-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  circe-lagmon-mode: t
  tracking-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  intero-global-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jao/lib/elisp/jao/bmk/dot-emacs hides /home/jao/.emacs.d/elpa.27/tuareg-20190805.958/dot-emacs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug rect pcmpl-unix dictionary link connection iso-transl
haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions
haskell-load haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules
haskell-sandbox haskell-navigate-imports haskell-repl haskell-svg
haskell-collapse haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-compile haskell-hoogle haskell-process
haskell-session jao-cabal haskell-mode haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-compat haskell-complete-module
haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc flymake haskell-customize cal-iso
w3m-namazu w3m-lnum tabify misearch multi-isearch pdf-sync pdf-annot
pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history em-unix em-term em-script em-prompt
em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs esh-var em-cmpl em-basic em-banner
em-alias esh-mode eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util haskell-cabal haskell-utils cl-print
debug autoload view quail bbdb-pgp bbdb-message mailalias dabbrev
gnus-cus mastodon-toot thai-util thai-word w3m-cookie w3m-filter
w3m-search w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session mastodon-media url-cache
mastodon-client mastodon-auth mastodon-http mastodon-tl w3m-form
w3m-symbol mm-archive nnfolder gnus-cite mail-extr qp gnus-async
gnus-bcklg mule-util gnus-ml copyright gnus-topic nnml nnmaildir utf-7
bbdb-gnus gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache gnus-msg nndraft nnmh gnus-demon nntp
mbsync cursor-sensor emojify tar-mode network-stream slack slack-company
slack-oauth2 oauth2 plstore slack-unread slack-websocket
slack-thread-event slack-room-event slack-star-event
slack-reaction-event slack-reply-event slack-message-event slack-typing
slack-authorize slack-dialog-edit-element-buffer slack-dialog-buffer
slack-dialog slack-stars-buffer slack-search-result-buffer
slack-thread-message-compose-buffer slack-file-info-buffer
slack-file-list-buffer slack-all-threads-buffer slack-message-buffer
slack-modeline slack-mrkdwn slack-user-profile-buffer
slack-pinned-items-buffer slack-pinned-item slack-thread-message-buffer
slack-room-buffer slack-message-share-buffer slack-message-edit-buffer
slack-room-message-compose-buffer slack-message-compose-buffer
slack-action slack-slash-commands slack-event slack-star slack-reminder
slack-search slack-bot-message slack-user-message slack-message-reaction
slack-message-editor slack-message-sender slack-message-notification
slack-message-formatter slack-attachment slack-selectable slack-thread
slack-usergroup slack-file slack-im slack-channel slack-group
slack-conversations slack-buffer slack-room slack-counts slack-message
slack-block slack-reaction slack-user slack-bot slack-dnd-status
slack-emoji slack-image slack-request slack-log request slack-team
slack-team-ws slack-util websocket bindat spaceline-config
spaceline-segments spaceline powerline powerline-separators
powerline-themes windmove winner jao-patches bml-logs bml bml-misc
bml-whizzml bml-clojure bml-clj-tests bml-python bml-skels bml-utils
whizzml-skeletons whizzml-mode jao-proton-utils enwc enwc-backend
jao-emms-info-track jao-emms jao-osd jao-emms-lyrics
jao-emms-random-album emms-info-metaflac emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat mastodon
circe-color-nicks circe-notifications circe-lagmon circe lui-irc-colors
irc make-tls-process tls lcs lui-format lui tracking shorten flyspell
ispell circe-compat jenkins gist gh-gist gh-oauth gh-api logito gh-cache
pcache gh-auth gh-url gh-profile eieio-base github-review forge-list
forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs gogs
forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github ghub-graphql treepy
gsexp ghub forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue
forge-topic bug-reference forge-post forge-repo forge forge-core
forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite emacsql emacsql-compiler url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils log-edit
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async server
git-timemachine transient diff-hl vc-dir ewoc sawfish
display-fill-column-indicator paredit scheme inf-lisp json-mode
json-reformat json-snatcher js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs merlin-company
merlin-cap merlin utop utop-minor-mode tuareg caml-help caml-types
caml-emacs find-file erlang tempo virtualenvwrapper gud intero warnings
flycheck cider-macroexpansion cider-mode cider-completion cider-profile
cider-eval cider-repl cider-resolve cider-eldoc cider-test
cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec org-table cider-clojuredocs
cider-popup cider-overlays cider-client cider-common cider-util
cider-connection sesman-browser nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp queue nrepl-dict
cider-compat spinner parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex a sesman vc
vc-dispatcher clojure-mode lisp-mnt align racket-mode racket-bug-report
racket-collection racket-stepper racket-logger racket-profile
racket-imenu racket-edit hideshow racket-complete racket-repl
racket-common racket-indent racket-font-lock racket-util racket-ppss
racket-keywords-and-builtins racket-custom sh-script smie executable
geiser sly sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common apropos
arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec edit-list esh-toggle bash-completion
eshell-up git-ps1-mode w3m w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util pdf-view-restore pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools
pdf-view bookmark pp pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util jao-doc-view term
disp-table ehelp bbdb-anniv bbdb-mua bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site timezone
jao-frm randomsig gnutls mu4e-icalendar org-mu4e mu4e-query-fragments
mu4e-overview mu4e-maildirs-extension mu4e-conversation mu4e-alert ht
mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-vars mu4e-meta counsel-notmuch notmuch
hl-line notmuch-hello notmuch-tree notmuch-show notmuch-print
notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query goto-addr notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib
notmuch-compat smtpmail sendmail edit-server gh-md eww mm-url url-queue
markdown-mode jao-org-links jao-devon jao-applescript jao-org-utils
org-protocol ob-shell shell ob-scheme ob-python ob-org ob-ocaml
ob-makefile ob-haskell ob-gnuplot ob-clojure ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox gnus-icalendar org-capture gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig icalendar org-agenda time cus-edit cus-start
cus-load paren helpful imenu trace edebug backtrace info-look f
dash-functional help-fns radix-tree elisp-refs s loop dash
jao-light-theme jao-themes cl dired-x autorevert filenotify
persistent-scratch epa-file cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company pcase alert log4e
notifications gntp jao-recoll ivy-rich wgrep-ag wgrep grep
counsel-spotify dbus counsel xdg xref project compile swiper ivy flx
delsel colir color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt edmacro kmacro
texinfo-skel lisp-skel muse-skel haskell-skel jao-dominating-file
scsh-skel init-skel common-skel skeleton autoinsert savehist recentf
tree-widget saveplace jao-elpa package-x diminish
gnu-elpa-keyring-update use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core finder-inf tex-site gh-common marshal eieio-compat rx
info package url-handlers conf-mode cl-extra help-mode vc-git diff-mode
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir gnus-sum url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
json map url-vars mailcap shr svg xml dom browse-url gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org-element cl-seq avl-tree generator org advice org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
time-date subr-x noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs ob-tangle org-src ob-comint
comint ansi-color ring ob-keys ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 7796331 577246)
 (symbols 48 97082 4)
 (strings 32 915989 274225)
 (string-bytes 1 61947594)
 (vectors 16 378260)
 (vector-slots 8 9992698 247846)
 (floats 8 13100 4158)
 (intervals 56 380416 15210)
 (buffers 992 475))

-- 
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.
 -Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)