Subject: rhythmbox cannot subscribe to any podcasts

From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 21:24:25 -0600

To replicate:
1. open rhythmbox (rhythmbox 3.4.3)
2. go to "podcasts" tab
3. Click "Add" button.
4. In the search bar, search for any podcast. Note that in order to get
results there needs to be internet access.
5. Click on any of the results. An error message will drop down that
says "Unable to load the feed. Check your network connection."

I tried this with debug output. All I found that could help is
something like this:

(20:56:56) [0x13764d0] [rb_audioscrobbler_should_handshake] rb-
audioscrobbler.c:839: No username set
(20:56:56) [0x13764d0] [rb_audioscrobbler_should_handshake] rb-
audioscrobbler.c:839: No username set

-It was only logged after rhythmbox logged that search results were
loaded and was logged almost every time.
-It was logged in pairs
-Clicking the "subscribe" button did not cause rhythmbox to log it.

I checked on PureOS in a VM, (rhythmbox 3.4.3) this does not happen. I
did not check with other OSes.

Any help would be appreciated.
-- 
-Jesse