Subject: [PATCH] Fix eshell so that the builtin kill command works

From: "Jason A. Spiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:18:56 +0000

Package: emacs
Version: 22.3.1
X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked];[email-masked]
Tags: patch

Hi Johan,

We were on IRC today.  I mentioned that eshell's built-in kill command
doesn't seem to be able to kill any processes -- not even xeyes.  But
/bin/kill works fine.  Example:  kill 4946 didn't kill xeyes on my PC,
but /bin/kill 4946 did.  I asked if anyone could confirm this.

You <bojohan> and Phil Hagelberg <technomancy> both confirmed the bug.
 Plus, you wrote a little patch to esh-arg.el and told me it would fix
the problem:

<  (add-text-properties 0 1 '(number t) str))
>  (add-text-properties 0 (length str) '(number t) str))

Yes.  It fixes the problem.  Could you please commit it?  :)

Thanks in advance,
-Jason

In GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2009-03-31 on raven, modified by Debian

-- 
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, packager, trainer, IT consultant.
I support Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.
+1 (416) 992-3445 / www.jspiro.com