Subject: Re: bug#37189: 25.4.1: vc-hg-ignore implementation is missing

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 12:57:04 +0300

On 07.02.2020 12:57, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> AFAIU, Dmitry oversees the VC development and maintenance.  That
> includes the issues you raised here.

That's right. And I asked some questions before in this report and 
didn't get direct answers.

To be clear, I'm quite happy with the meat of the patch presented here, 
just suspicious of the not well-enough documented change in vc-ignore's 
semantics. So yeah, we need a better understanding of the problem and 
maybe a better design. Hopefully one that's not too different from the 
current one.

I'll read the whole of the discussion as soon as I can, but it's going 
to take some time to digest, sorry.

> It's up to Dmitry, really.  If he feels my attempt to understand the
> design critique you present is not helping, then I'll gladly leave it
> to him to continue with this report.

Quite the opposite. If you reach some mutual understanding, it will 
surely help me when reading this thread a bit later.