Subject: bug#37189: 25.4.1: vc-hg-ignore implementation is missing

From: Wolfgang Scherer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:30:36 +0100

Dear Eli,

Am 13.02.20 um 16:09 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:
>> From: Wolfgang Scherer <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 02:18:00 +0100
>>
>> I will now quit this absurd discussion of non-existing algorithms
>> and just keep working with my correct implementation of the vc
>> ignore feature.
>>
>> Should you get your facts straight, we can talk further. Otherwise, I
>> have invested enough.time now.
> This was exacerbated by your
> frequently unkind language, like in the small excerpt above.  This
> made the discussion unpleasant, to say the least.
I am sorry, if my wording made the discussion unpleasant for you. That
was not my intent.

It was really my misconception that you were more experienced than me
regarding the code in the vc package, which made me doubt my
reasoning. And if that happens, I tend to lash out, which is a
personal flaw I sincerely apologize for.

I do have to thank you for making me produce a much higher quality of
code than I would have without the misunderstanding. So I may have not
been pleased with the experience, but I am very pleased with the
result.

Thank you.
>
> I will remove your address from any further discussions of this issue,
> per your wish.

I hope the apology still reaches you.