Subject: bug#37189: 25.4.1: vc-hg-ignore implementation is missing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:09:11 +0200

> From: Wolfgang Scherer <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 02:18:00 +0100
> 
> I will now quit this absurd discussion of non-existing algorithms
> and just keep working with my correct implementation of the vc
> ignore feature.
> 
> Should you get your facts straight, we can talk further. Otherwise, I
> have invested enough.time now.

That is unfortunate, but it's your prerogative, of course.

>From my POV, I can say that the amount of time I invested in this
discussion, and in studying the code you mentioned and the use cases
you described, was also unusually high.  This was exacerbated by your
frequently unkind language, like in the small excerpt above.  This
made the discussion unpleasant, to say the least.

I will remove your address from any further discussions of this issue,
per your wish.