Subject: Re: bug#37174: 26.2; Stabilize tabulated-list reversed sort

From: Johan Claesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:26:37 +0200

Hi Lars,

I am willing to sign myself but the company i work for also need to sign
and the last time i asked they refused.  If this will become a problem
in the future i might ask them again.

Regards,

/Johan

On Sat, Sep 21 2019, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Johan Claesson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Sorting with S multiple times in a tabulated-list buffer should be
>> stable but will sometimes reorder entries with the same value.  When the
>> sort order is reversed the function tabulated-list--get-sorter will
>> transform the sort function to sort the other way around by negating.  I
>> think this is what cause the needless reordering and that it should be
>> changed something like the following:
>
> [...]
>
>>        (if (cdr tabulated-list-sort-key)
>> -          (lambda (a b) (not (funcall sorter a b)))
>> +          (lambda (a b) (funcall sorter b a))
>
> That looks like the correct solution, so I've applied it to the trunk.
>
> If I read the logs correctly, I think that cumulatively you've now had
> the number of lines committed to Emacs that's allowed without signing
> copyright assignment papers.  For future patches, would you be willing
> to sign such paperwork?