Subject: bug#37173: 27.0.50; (blink-cursor-mode 0) in ~/.emacs has no effect

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:35:55 +0300

> From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 15:32:56 +0200
> 
> Anyway, (blink-cursor-mode -1) makes no difference.

Right, sorry.

 I suspect this change:

  commit 7e2090ee80c9099ee953392444e1d73d10e973d4
  Author:     Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
  AuthorDate: Sat Aug 3 20:19:31 2019 -0400
  Commit:     Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
  CommitDate: Tue Aug 20 20:20:52 2019 -0400

      Respect global-eldoc-mode in minibuffers (Bug#36886)

      * lisp/emacs-lisp/easy-mmode.el (define-globalized-minor-mode): Accept
      a BODY parameter.
      * doc/lispref/modes.texi (Defining Minor Modes): Document new
      parameter.
      * etc/NEWS: Announce it.

      * lisp/simple.el (read--expression): Move eldoc-mode setup to...
      * lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc.el (eldoc--eval-expression-setup): ... here,
      new function.
      (global-eldoc-mode): Add or remove it to
      eval-expression-minibuffer-setup-hook when enabling or disabling
      global-eldoc-mode.  This enables eldoc in the minibuffer (solving
      Bug#27202), only when global-eldoc-mode is enabled.