Subject: Re: bug#37171: preview-latex TeX files

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:48:16 +0200

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Kotucha <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm now wondering whether it's possible to maintain the preview-latex
> TeX files within the auctex directory i.e., make auctex/preview-latex
> self-contained.  Given that preview-latex makes only sense when
> invoked from within Emacs, then the TeX files can be put into the
> auctex directory and something like
>
>  (setenv "TEXINPUTS" (concat "<path/to/auctex/preview>:" (getenv "TEXINPUTS")))
>
> makes the files accessible to TeX.

AUCTeX comes with plenty of options for configure.  I think you want to
set `--with-lispdir', `--with-tex-dir' and `--with-doc-dir' to
directories of your choice.  Please check the manaul for more
details[1].  I use AUCTeX directly out of my local git repo and don't
install it at all :-)

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Configure