Subject: bug#3717: M-x man completion

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:29:42 +0200

>> Stefan, could you please install your patch that implements
>> completions for `man'.  This is very useful.
>
> Yes, done, thank you,

Thanks.  Currently it doesn't add a section name to the end of
completion strings.  So it is not clear to which section does
a manual belong and also it's impossible to select an ambiguous
name that belongs to different sections.

For instance, typing `M-x man RET lib TAB' displays only one
completion whereas there are two manuals in different sections:
`lib (3erl)' for Erlang and `lib (3perl)' for Perl.

Replacing a regexp in your change with "^[^ \t\n]+\\([ \t\n]+[^-)]+)\\)?"
that adds section names to completion strings fixes this problem,
so the *Completions* buffer displays in the aforementioned case:

  Possible completions are:
  lib (3erl)
  lib (3perl)

WDYT?

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/