Subject: Re: bug#3717: M-x man completion

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:53:20 -0500

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>> "boundary"

> Speaking of boundaries, I wonder if perl "::" would be a good boundary,
> since it's basically a directory separator in disguise.  I'll give it a
> go - though I'm not a sophisticated completions user, so I wonder if
> I'll notice the difference :).

>     (cond ((eq (car-safe action) 'boundaries) ;; emacs23
>            (let* ((suffix (cdr action))
>                   ;; after last "::", or after start of string
>                   ;; (page names don't have newlines, so ".*" is ok)
>                   (start  (if (string-match ".*::" str) (match-end 0) 0))
>                   ;; first "::", or end of string
>                   (end    (string-match "::\\|\\'" suffix)))
>              (cons 'boundaries (cons start end))))

The `completion-boundaries' info is really a meta-information about what
`all-completions' returns.  So it doesn't make sense to only change
`bundaries' without changing the `all-completions' behavior accodingly.

This said: adding ":" to completion-pcm-word-delimiters would be easier
and would work probably as well if not better,

        Stefan