Subject: bug#37168: closed (Re: bug#37168: debbugs: Make bug list update asynchronous)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 19:11:01 +0000

Your bug report

#37168: debbugs: Make bug list update asynchronous

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37168: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37168
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37168: debbugs: Make bug list update asynchronous
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 21:10:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Stefan,

>> Bug retrieving happens in two phases. The first phase, getting the bug
>> numbers in question, cannot be performed asynchronously, because it is
>> just one request to the debbugs server.
>>
>> The second phase, getting information per bug number, happens already
>> asynchronously. The debbugs server is requested to return maximum
>> debbugs-max-hits-per-request per request; several requests are sent in
>> parallel to the server. Furthermore, debbugs caches the results, so the
>> next time information for an already known bug number is taken from the
>> cache.
>>
>> However, debbugs waits until all parallel requests have been served by
>> the debbugs server, before it begins to show the tabulated list. This
>> might be done asynchronously as well. Will check, what's possible.
>
> Any news regarding this?  If no progress is possible here, perhaps the
> bug should be closed.  WDYT?

No, nothing happened. And since there aren't no further complaints from
other users, I believe we could leave it as it is. Closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: debbugs: Make bug list update asynchronous
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:59:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

When I type:

M-x debbugs-gnu RET ,minor,wishlist RET

It takes a long time to load on my machine, and it freezes my entire
Emacs session while I wait.  It would be very nice if this operation
could be made to work asynchronously.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas