Subject: debbugs: Unclear message when updating bug list

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:58:23 +0200

Severity: wishlist

When I type:

M-x debbugs-gnu RET ,minor,wishlist RET

It takes a long time to load on my machine.  The message while waiting
is "Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:443", which makes it look like
it's unable to reach the host for a long time.  In reality, somewhere
during the process it reaches the host and starts downloading the bug
list.

1. It would be good if this could instead say something about what it
actually is doing, along the lines of "Getting bug data from host:
debbugs.gnu.org:443".

2. When it's done, the message is still "Contacting host:
debbugs.gnu.org:443".  It would be good if there is instead a message
saying something like "Update complete from host:
debbugs.gnu.org:443".

The exact message doesn't matter much to me, just that it's different
from what is there now.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas