Subject: bug#37167: closed (Re: bug#37167: debbugs: Unclear message when updating bug list)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:10:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37167: debbugs: Unclear message when updating bug list

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37167: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37167
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37167: debbugs: Unclear message when updating bug list
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 22:09:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I've added a progress reporter to debbugs, pushed to the elpa git
>> repository (commit bf5ed71da). You might check, whether it suffices your
>> needs.
>
> I've now tested it, and it looks excellent.  Thank you for implementing it.
>
> If you agree, I think we can now close this bug.

Yes, of course. Closed.

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: debbugs: Unclear message when updating bug list
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:58:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

When I type:

M-x debbugs-gnu RET ,minor,wishlist RET

It takes a long time to load on my machine.  The message while waiting
is "Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:443", which makes it look like
it's unable to reach the host for a long time.  In reality, somewhere
during the process it reaches the host and starts downloading the bug
list.

1. It would be good if this could instead say something about what it
actually is doing, along the lines of "Getting bug data from host:
debbugs.gnu.org:443".

2. When it's done, the message is still "Contacting host:
debbugs.gnu.org:443".  It would be good if there is instead a message
saying something like "Update complete from host:
debbugs.gnu.org:443".

The exact message doesn't matter much to me, just that it's different
from what is there now.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas