Subject: bug#37167: debbugs: Unclear message when updating bug list

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 09:29:54 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Stefan,

>> > M-x debbugs-gnu RET ,minor,wishlist RET
>>
>> Being curious: why ",minor,wishlist"? Just "minor,wishlist" would do.
>
> The default value is "serious,important,normal" so I get the error "No
> match" without the comma.  I can't remember configuring anything, so I
> think it's like that out of the box?

Simply delete the default value by C-k. Then you can enter whatever you
want, like minor and wishlist.

If you want to get *all* bugs, delete the default value, and don't enter
anything. This is described in the Debbugs User Guide,
(info "(debbugs-ug) Retrieving Bugs")

"If the list is empty, there is no filtering with respect to severities."

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regartds, Michael