Subject: bug#37164: Generated installation image does not include grub.

From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:48:45 -0600

On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 22:44 +0200, Gábor Boskovits wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. aug.
> 23., P, 19:41):
> > 1. generate the install image
> >  guix system disk-image --file-system-type=iso9600 --verbosity=3 --
> > root=installation-os-x86_64.iso  --system=x86_64-linux -e '(@ (gnu
> > system install) installation-os)'
> > 
> 
> Just a wild guess, does it work with the verbosity option removed?
> I had issues with that in the past.
I tried generating an install image with --verbosity and another
without --verbosity. There was no difference because guix does not
expect the --verbosity option to make a difference.

I deleted the link and ran the garbage collector, then tried building
the image without --verbosity, but file does not detect grub. I think
it isn't a problem with 'file' because a virtual machine setup with
virt-manager does not think the ISO is bootable.