Subject: Re: bug#37159: 26.1; svg images in eww

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 14:05:57 +0200

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don’t know if the way GTK works would be helpful:
>
>     https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1471
>
> I guess you can just set some default CSS in the wrapper and if the
> SVG overrides it then it doesn’t matter.

Which is:

<svg ...>
  <style>
    ... extra styling here ...
  </style>
  <xi:include href="... original SVG encoded as a data: URL ..."/>
</svg>

That's an interesting approach.  As you say, it would probably solve
these problems, and my guess is that all the SVG libraries we support
would probably handle this construction fine.  The styling properties we
could inject here could be, for instance, a stroke colour that the same
as the foreground colour of the default face, and a background colour
that's the same as the background colour of the current buffer.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no