Subject: 26.1; svg images in eww

From: Tomasz Piotrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:55:03 +0200

Hi,

If trying to render mathematics in wikipedia articles, they appear as
small, black images on dark grey background. Virtually unreadable. These
are svg images. The theme used (background colour in particular) has no
influence on this behaviour.

Is there a way to make the svg images scalable and appear in the same
colour as the text they are embedded in?

Kind regards,

Tomasz Piotrowski

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-08-02 built on localhost.localdomain
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12004000
System Description:	Fedora release 29 (Twenty Nine)

Recent messages:
Loading /home/metalipa/.emacs.d/tmtxt-async-tasks.el (source)...done
Loading /home/metalipa/.emacs.d/tmtxt-dired-async.el (source)...done
Loading /home/metalipa/.emacs.d/settings.el (source)...done
Loaded /home/metalipa/.emacs.d/settings.el
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Mark set
[mu4e] Started mu4e with 72565 messages in store

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: pl_PL.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e:main

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-environment-mode: t
  image-diredx-async-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  overwrite-mode: overwrite-mode-binary

Load-path shadows:
/home/metalipa/.emacs.d/elpa/chess-2.0.4/chess-pgn hides /home/metalipa/localliza/configs/emacs/emacs_res/chess-pgn
/home/metalipa/.emacs.d/elpa/cyberpunk-theme-20190717.1509/cyberpunk-theme hides /home/metalipa/localliza/configs/emacs/emacs_res/cyberpunk-theme
/home/metalipa/.emacs.d/elpa/eww-lnum-20150102.1512/eww-lnum hides /home/metalipa/localliza/configs/emacs/emacs_res/eww-lnum
/home/metalipa/.emacs.d/elpa/symon-20170224.833/symon hides /home/metalipa/localliza/configs/emacs/emacs_res/symon
/home/metalipa/.emacs.d/elpa/persistent-scratch-20190128.1843/persistent-scratch hides /home/metalipa/localliza/configs/emacs/emacs_res/persistent-scratch
/home/metalipa/localliza/configs/emacs/emacs_res/flyspell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/home/metalipa/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-20151028.759/seq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/home/metalipa/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/home/metalipa/localliza/configs/emacs/emacs_res/longlines hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/obsolete/longlines

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug ox-md ox-beamer ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox ob-csharp ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff scimax-org-babel-python chess-pgn
chess-database chess-display chess-var chess-random chess-module
chess-game chess-input chess-fen chess-algebraic chess-ply chess-pos
chess-message tmtxt-dired-async tmtxt-async-tasks mu4e-alert ht s alert
log4e rx notifications gntp powerline powerline-separators color
powerline-themes magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode git-commit recentf tree-widget
magit-git magit-section benchmark magit-utils pcase which-func imenu crm
log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async subr-x
dired-x ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs sourcerer-theme color-theme reporter
ob-matlab ob-octave ob-C ob-latex ob-gnuplot ob-python ob-R org-bullets
gnus-dired pdf-tools compile cus-edit cus-start cus-load pdf-view
bookmark pp pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util term disp-table ehelp
matlab-load php-mode etags xref project cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
dired-fixups ls-lisp cl mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-speedbar speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view browse-url gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap mu4e-headers mu4e-compose
mu4e-context mu4e-draft mu4e-actions rfc2368 smtpmail sendmail mu4e-mark
mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-vars hl-line
mu4e-meta git-timemachine transient dash vc-git diff-mode
multiple-cursors mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more thingatpt
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect djvu edmacro
time exwm-systemtray xcb-systemtray xcb-xembed exwm-config ido exwm
exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server use-package-ensure
use-package-core desktop-environment dbus xml finder-inf image-dired+
image-dired info package url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs url-vars flyspell cl-macs ispell elec-pair
cl-extra help-mode org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org-element cl-seq avl-tree generator org advice org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 991747 66994)
 (symbols 48 69738 1)
 (miscs 40 178 407)
 (strings 32 219926 4328)
 (string-bytes 1 6588308)
 (vectors 16 109709)
 (vector-slots 8 2509581 22826)
 (floats 8 718 623)
 (intervals 56 1108 128)
 (buffers 992 15))